A 12-month accelerator programme for established businesses wanting to develop an AR, VR or XR service or project. Participants will have direct support from Unity and Unreal Engine employees, alongside business growth support from the HOST team.
Connect with the creativity, imagination and expertise of Unity and Unreal Engine at HOST
This unprecedented 12-month programme will give your business the opportunity to develop your AR, VR or XR service or project with a community of immersive technical, business growth and innovation experts unlike any other.
How will the Immersive Innovation Programme help you to develop your AR, VR or XR service or project?
The HOST team and partners will work with you to:
- Provide you with the best possible immersive environment and community to support the development of your product / service / business
- Develop your technical and business growth skills through our solid support network of experts and innovators
- Directly connect you with Unity and Unreal Engine through workshops and support sessions
Is the HOST Immersive Innovation Programme for you?
This programme is for you if you:
- Are an established business, with at least one full-time project lead and/or immersive engineer who can be dedicated to the programme.
- Can commit to approximately between 1.5 and 3 hours of direct engagement and support per week, in addition to self-learning, product development and independent work time.
- Have a demonstratable concept, prototype or project idea that can be piloted in a structured way in collaboration with third parties, building on immersive technology.
Immersive use cases
Immersive technology such as AR and VR is developing and diversifying at breakneck speed, transforming all sectors. The most exciting and long-lasting impact will be our work to create sustainable job opportunities in the local sector and, in tandem, develop professionals with the skills to take on those opportunities.
If you are an innovator dedicated to solving a compelling problem using Unity or Unreal Engine technology, then this programme is for you! We are seeking innovators with a proven product, demonstrable concept, or prototype that can be piloted in a structured way in collaboration with Unity or Unreal Engine, HOST, and HOST partners' support, and who can commit to approximately 2 to 3 hours of direct engagement and support per week over 12 months.
For £500 + VAT per month (per business) you will benefit from:
- Unrivalled 1:1 support from either Unity or Unreal Engine
- Introductions and access to HOST partner support, providing you with technical and business growth expertise you need, when you need it, in a supportive community environment
- Regular workshops with targeted advice and guidance from immersive developers, industry professionals and experts in project development
- 20% discount on the Unity product suite and pro licenses if building in Unity
- Tailored accountability and project management support from the HOST team
- Community networking and socials within the cohort and across all HOST programmes
- 6 days per month access to HOST Labs for a max. of two employees, with an additional 20% discount on additional innovation services and facilities used within the labs
- Supporting your recruitment needs directly via our on-demand pipeline of talent from Skills City
- Being part of an inclusive community with read-made networks to accelerate your growth
HOST partners Counting King and Salford Credit Union are committed to supporting you to access this programme. Let us know if you would like to discuss options in making this programme affordable to you.
In addition, you will receive complimentary Premium Club membership at HOST, worth £150+VAT per month, providing you with:
- 6 days per month employee access to the HOST Space, our dedicated co-creation space, for a maximum of two employees
- 20% discount on additional innovation services and facilities used within the labs
- Registered business and mailing address at HOST
- 20% discount on venue hire and premium meeting room bookings; IN4 Talent services; and any additional passes
- Use of HOST Social as an additional workspace during business hours and subject to availability
- Innovation entrepreneur membership from TiE UK North
No, we want to make sure that the programme is the right fit for you and that you are the right fit for our programme. You will undertake an interview to ensure that your business will benefit from the programme.
This programme is delivered by HOST in partnership with Unity, Unreal Engine, Counting King and Salford Credit Union.
Yes, some of the most successful businesses originally started as side projects. Some founders worked on their products for years before they become successful enough to go all in. So, you don’t have to quit your job to go through the programme – you do, however, need to be available to attend workshops, mentoring sessions, and focus on metrics, and hitting goals during the 12 months.
No. We do not sign NDAs in order to receive or review applications.
The programme will start in November 2021.
The programme will be delivered both virtually and via HOST, Salford’s Home of Skills and Technology, based in the heart of MediaCity.
This is an extraordinary and tailored opportunity to work with Unity or Unreal Engine employees and mentors. We are looking for companies that would most benefit from this experience, are ambitious, are creative, are collaborative, and have the capacity to scale.
It's important to note that this is a 12-month commitment, and we are looking for companies that can commit to one and a half to three hours of direct engagement a week throughout the programme.
Yes, we can provide custom office space or more day passes at a preferential rate.
Up to 20 businesses will take part in this programme.
Applications are due by the 14th of November.