Understand and access different funding and investment opportunities to support your growth.
Spanning across 12-months, the programme will accelerate both your brand and IP, and encourage the development of your innovations using the Unity platform.
Unity, the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content, offer extensive in-person expertise and insight to drive your immersive and gaming technology innovations at HOST.
Connect with the creativity, imagination, and expertise of Unity, providing unique and invaluable access to Unity’s technical leads, creatives and support networks.
The Unity Centre of Excellence Incubator Programme offers you:
- Specialist support to help shape your innovations into real-world, market-ready products
- Unity mentoring, 1-to-1 sessions and workshops that provide regularly targeted advice and guidance from Unity developers, industry professionals, and game industry veterans
- An assigned Unity representative across relevant project management, creative development, and engineering streams
- Discounts on the Unity product suite and pro licenses
- Unity led hackathons will explore new ideas, help overcome technical challenges, and foster collaboration with both the programme and HOST community
- Discounts and support with Unity Certification training packs to help you to develop your staff to Centre of Excellence standards
Length of the programme - 12 months
Time commitment - 2 to 3 hours of direct engagement and support per week, in addition to self-learning and development time.
Cost - For just £500* + VAT per month, you will:
- Gain access to HOST’s Innovation and Business Growth.
- Programme events, including networking & community events, people & culture events, and founder spotlights.
- Receive 6 days per month access to HOST Labs for a maximum of two employees, with an additional 20% discount on additional services and facilities used within the HOST Labs, to help fast-track product development and business growth.
Benefit from all Premium Club Membership benefits (worth £150* per month), which include:
- 6 days per month access to the HOST Co-Creation Space.
- Registered business address and mailing address at HOST.
- 20% discount on venue hire and premium meeting room bookings; IN4.0 Talent services; and additional day passes.
- Use of HOST Social as an additional workspace during business hours and subject to availability.
- Innovator entrepreneur membership from TiE UK North.
Immersive technology such as AR and VR is developing and diversifying at breakneck speed, transforming all sectors. The most exciting and long-lasting impact will be our work to create sustainable job opportunities in the local sector and, in tandem, develop professionals with the skills to take on those opportunities.
The programme also includes
Introductions to universities, clinical, corporate and public sector partners to help with research and development resources.
Through IN4.0 Talent and Skills City’s industry-sponsored academies, we provide on-demand talent recruitment to support growth.
We match founders and their senior management teams with relevant mentors who will provide tailored 1-1 leadership support.
Expertise from HOST’s in-house sales and marketing experts provides you with support on developing campaign strategies and outreach across our community.
Specialist professional services support includes clinics on intellectual property (IP), legals, tax and accountancy, regulatory and public sector procurement.
Advice on accessing international markets through workshops and clinics with the Department for International Trade North West team.
Access to over 48 events per year that span innovation, business growth, wellbeing and culture.
A 12-month accelerator programme for entrepreneurial startup companies with innovations that use the Unity platform. Participants will have direct support from Unity employees, alongside business growth support from the HOST team.
If you are an innovator dedicated to solving a compelling problem using Unity technology, then this programme is for you! We are seeking innovators with a proven product, demonstrable concept, or prototype that can be piloted in a structured way in collaboration with Unity, HOST, and HOST partners' support, and who can commit to approximately 2 to 3 hours of direct engagement and support per week over 12 months.
Programme participants are required to purchase a HOST Incubation Membership for 12 months, costing £500 + VAT per month (or £6,000 + VAT for the full programme).
No, we want to make sure that the programme is the right fit for you, and that you are the right fit for our programme, and therefore two separate meet and greets will be facilitated to get to know each other and determine whether your business will be brought onto the programme.
This programme is delivered by HOST in partnership with Unity.
Yes, some of the most successful businesses originally started as side projects. Some founders worked on their products for years before they become successful enough to go all in. So, you don’t have to quit your job to go through the programme – you do, however, need to be available to attend workshops, mentoring sessions, and focus on metrics, and hitting goals during the 12 months.
No. We do not sign NDAs in order to receive or review applications.
The programme takes place between August 2021 and July 2022.
The programme will be delivered both virtually and via HOST, Salford’s Home of Skills and Technology, based in the heart of MediaCity.
There is a two-stage application process for this programme, where you will be required to be available for two phone meet & greets, each between 30 and 45 minutes, after you complete the Apply Now form above. This way we can ensure that the programme is the right fit for you and that you are the right fit for the programme.
This is an extraordinary and tailored opportunity to work with Unity staff and mentors. We are looking for companies that would most benefit from this experience, are ambitious, are creative, are collaborative, and have the capacity to scale.
It's important to note that this is a 12-month commitment, and we are looking for companies that can commit to two to three hours of direct engagement a week throughout the programme.
Yes, we can provide custom office space or more day passes at a preferential rate.
20 businesses will be part of this cohort.
Applications are due by midnight on Wednesday 9th July.